Will the Real Price of Oil Please Stand Up?Heather Green
A story at the Boston Globe should reset expectations for those, including Richard Branson and Tom Friedman, about how much the a rise in oil prices will spur the creation of alternative fuels. Writes Drake Bennett, as the prices go up, that makes even dirtier and higher emissions extraction like oil from tar sands, shale and coal more cost effective. The answer to this conundrum is buried at the end of the story.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- As Bitcoin Sinks, Crypto Bros Party Hard on a Blockchain Cruise
- Norwegian Airlines Sets Record for Fastest Transatlantic Flight
- Tanker With Russian Gas for Boston Makes Mid-Atlantic U-Turn
- How a 22-Year-Old Discovered the Worst Chip Flaws in History
- Your Emotional Support Duck Is Not Welcome in Seat 15C