Stocks Tumble as Credit Fears Mount
Troubles in the mortgage and credit markets continued to take a toll on U.S. stocks Wednesday following Tuesday's slide. In a see-saw session, major indexes were boosted by news that the Federal Reserve pumped more money into the financial system, but then lost ground again as rumors swirled about troubles at mortgage llender Countrywide Financial (CFC).
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Getting a Dog May Save Your Life, Especially If You’re Single
- The Questionable Math Behind Manafort’s Extravagant Home Renovations
- Honda Recalls 800,000 Odyssey Minivans Linked to Injuries