Family Plans... For Wireless Devices
Lots of us currently buy family wireless plans. But if Sprint Nextel has its way, we’ll soon be buying wireless plans for devices. That’s right: In a couple of years, you might buy a plan for your household of five: a digital camera, a cell phone, a DVD player, an Xbox and a music player.
Atish Gude, senior vice president of mobile broadband operations at Sprint, believes that all these devices will soon be able to access wireless networks. And Sprint plans to offer “family of devices” wireless connectivity plans when it launches its WiMax wireless network next year.
Other experts I’ve talked to recently believe that other types of wireless broadband networks — cellular, Wi-Fi, others — might lend themselves to similar use. Talk about redefining words “family plan.”
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- China Warns It May Retaliate If U.S. Imposes Metal Tariffs
- Box-Office Smash ‘Black Panther’ May Be Game Changer for Artists
- All 65 Aboard Plane Feared Dead in Crash in Southern Iran
- Apple’s New Spaceship Campus Has One Flaw – and It Hurts
- Winn-Dixie and Tops Owners Are Said to Prepare for Bankruptcy