Paulson's China Charm Offensive
U.S. Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson is no stranger to the glacially slow and sometimes maddening ways of Chinese officialdom. He has the most guanxi, or connections, in China of any post-war Treasury Secretary, given his extensive travels to the country during the 1990s as chief executive and chairman of Goldman Sachs (GS). He's familiar with Chinese President Hu Jintao's top economic team, including People's Bank of China Governor Zhou Xiaochuan and Finance Minister Jin Renqing.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Getting a Dog May Save Your Life, Especially If You’re Single
- The Questionable Math Behind Manafort’s Extravagant Home Renovations
- Musk Dusts Off the Fundraising Playbook With Semi, Roadster Orders