Social Networks -- or the "Informal Organization" -- at Work
There’s so much buzz about social networks of the online kind — MySpace, Facebook, LinkedIn. But what about old fashioned human-to-human, face-to-face “social networks,” and how we use them in the physical world, especially in the workplace? I just read some stats in a new survey that reveals that employees of large companies (with 1,000+ on staff) rely on their self-generated social networks of co-workers for advice, rather than turn to their bosses and superiors.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- This $14 Million Atlanta Home With Bunker Is ‘Safest in America’
- Separatists Pledge to Fight On After Spain Moves to Oust Catalan Leaders
- These Cities Make NYC Housing Look Dirt Cheap
- GE's New CEO Vows Sweeping Change After ‘Unacceptable’ Report
- Greenwich Mansion Listings Pulled to Wait for a Better Day