Applying for Mortgages Is Like Applying to CollegesBy
Ambitious high school students routinely apply to 10 or more colleges these days, in part because applications are standardized so it’s not so much work to fire off lots of them. The higher rate of applications creates the false impression that colleges are more selective than they used to be because they have more applicants for the same old number of slots.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Turns Out It Will Be Congress's Fault When Stocks Crash
- Ford to Take $267 Million Hit From Recall of F-Series Trucks
- Facebook and Google Helped Anti-Refugee Campaign in Swing States