An Asian Angle in the ABN Amro Drama
Heads turned in May when the Chinese government invested $3 billion of its $1.3 trillion stockpile of foreign reserves for a nearly 10% stake in the Blackstone Group (BX), the U.S. private equity firm founded by Stephen Schwarzman and Peter G. Peterson. Now, Beijing has just stormed into the world's biggest-ever bank takeover drama, for the Dutch financial group ABN Amro Holding (ABN).
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Fewest Jobless Claims Since 1973 Show Firm U.S. Job Market
- Greenwich Mansion Listings Pulled to Wait for a Better Day
- U.S. Stocks Climb With Treasuries as Dollar Slides: Markets Wrap
- The U.K.'s $86 Billion Pension Problem Is About to Solve Itself
- Germans Are Going Wild for a Show Set During the Dawn of the Nazis