GeoVector: Walk This Way
You could say John Ellenby has been brainstorming about the ultimate portable gadget for a quarter-century. After leaving Xerox's (XRX) legendary Palo Alto Research Center (PARC), Ellenby formed startup GRiD in 1980 to develop a computer small enough to fit in a briefcase. The computer, dubbed the GRiD Compass, was one of the world's first portable computers, and Ellenby was instantly hailed as a tech visionary.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Bitcoin Futures Deliver Wild Ride as Debut Brings Rally, Halts
- Investors Told to Brace for Steepest Rate Hikes Since 2006
- A Manager of $42 Billion Fears Bubble in World's Biggest Stocks
- World's Second-Tallest Building Opens With a Whimper After Delay
- Longtime NPR Host Tom Ashbrook Is Facing Misconduct Allegations