What's Rotten at Whole Foods
There's something rotting at Whole Foods Market (WFMI) and it isn't in the produce department. It's in the company's management team: John Mackey, the chief executive who spent years anonymously posting on the Web about his company and its rivals, appears to share a cynical arrogance with other corporate self-promoters who believe they don't have to personally uphold the values they publicly proclaim. The Whole Foods mission statement boasts: "We lead by example." But Mackey's unapologetic example is hardly the model for the Whole Foods brand.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Gulf of Mexico Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Billionaire Tom Barrack Throws Harvey Weinstein a Lifeline
- Everything Is Crazy and the Markets Aren’t Freaking Out
- Facebook Is Looking for Employees With National Security Clearances
- Kushners’ Control of Family’s NYC Crown Jewel Is Now in Jeopardy