Japan Investing: Sending Yen Overseas
Kiyohiko Nishimura's popularity with Japanese women is probably at a low ebb right now. On July 2, the Bank of Japan (BNJAF) policy board member compared Japan's growing ranks of female investors to the infamous gnomes of Zurich. That's a reference to comments made in 1964 by Harold Wilson, a British politician, attacking Swiss bankers for pushing down the value of the British pound in the foreign exchange markets.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Ford to Take $267 Million Hit From Recall of F-Series Trucks
- Racist Outburst Prompts Faber’s Exit From Three Company Boards