The wonderful, subversive world of animationHelen Walters
Animation has been an explosive business in recent times. Last year, Disney forked out $7.5 billion for industry poster child Pixar, the studio behind the likes of Toy Story, Finding Nemo and The Incredibles. Despite initial concerns that it might not be a hit, Pixar’s latest, Ratatouille, had taken a mightily respectable $109 million at the box office by its second week. Adults and children alike continue to be entranced by fantastical worlds inhabited by ageing super heroes and talking cars.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Racist Outburst Prompts Faber’s Exit From Three Company Boards
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing