China: Luxury Retailers' Travails
The largest luxury manufacturers are salivating at the prospect of striking it rich in the world's fastest-growing market. Trend lines dazzle. China is now the third-largest consumer of luxury items; the PRC boasts more millionaires than Japan; diamond engagement ring penetration now exceeds 70% in Beijing, Shanghai and Guangzhou; automobile purchases skyrocketed by 50% in 2006 and that was a slow year.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Racist Outburst Prompts Faber’s Exit From Three Company Boards
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing