Dingell Practicing Cynical PoliticsBy
House Energy and Commerce Committee chairman John Dingell (D-Mich.) says he will propose a carbon tax program to satisfy those who are calling for higher fuel economy standards and for the U.S. to do more about global warming. The measure, he said on C-Span’s Newsmakers TV program, will include a 50-cent gas tax. But the Congressman, who has been representing Southeast Michigan since the 1950s when he took over the seat held by his Father, is cynical about the bill. Indeed, his reason for presenting it, he says, is to expose how unpopular the measure is with the public.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Billionaire Tom Barrack Throws Harvey Weinstein a Lifeline
- Everything Is Crazy and the Markets Aren’t Freaking Out
- Facebook Is Looking for Employees With National Security Clearances
- London House Prices Fall Most Since Financial Crisis
- Kushners’ Control of Family’s NYC Crown Jewel Is Now in Jeopardy