Canon's Makeover Miracle
It has now been more than a year since legendary Canon (CAJ) President Fujio Mitarai handed over the day-to-day running of Japan's most profitable electronics company to Tsuneji Uchida. During Mitarai's decade-long tenure, Canon transformed itself from a lumbering, debt-ridden symbol of Japan's economic decline to a lean profit machine. Rivals no doubt hoped the new era under Uchida might see Canon come unstuck, but so far there is scant evidence that the company is suffering from the transition.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Marc Faber Asked to Leave Sprott Board After Racist Report
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing