European Indexes Post Modest Losses
London: The FTSE 100 pares losses but stays just below the gain line Thursday as the Bank of England hike rates as expected by 25bp to 5.75%. The pound moves up to US$2.0178. The ECB is expected to give its rate verdict later, but is seen leaving rates unchanged at 4.00%. WTI trades at US$71.87/bbl amid low fuel inventories and expectations of strong gasoline demand in the US. Wall Street is seen opening in positive territory after yesterday's Independence Day holiday.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Fed Raises Rates, Eyes Three 2018 Hikes as Yellen Era Nears End
- These Guys Want to Lend You Money Against Your Bitcoin
- This Electric Truck Will Probably Beat Tesla’s to Market
- Bitcoin Points Way to ‘Massive Change’ for Commodity Businesses
- Famed Short-Seller Jim Chanos Says Tesla Headed for ‘Brick Wall’