Industry Gears Up for Battle with Merkel
Angela Merkel is meeting Tuesday with CEOs of leading German industrial companies and business organizations to promote her government's ambitious climate protection plans. Industry captains, however, are warning that the chancellor's plan could lead to the loss of jobs and an exodus of skilled workers to other countries. They argue that the only conceivable way for Germany to even come close to achieving those goals is to extend the lifespan of its nuclear power plants, which are all slated for shutdown by 2021.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- As Bitcoin Sinks, Crypto Bros Party Hard on a Blockchain Cruise
- Amazon Go Pushes Mediterranean Lamb, Skips the Chili Cheese Dogs
- Norwegian Airlines Sets Record for Fastest Transatlantic Flight
- How a 22-Year-Old Discovered the Worst Chip Flaws in History
- OPEC, Russia Signal Global Oil Alliance May Endure Past 2018