Baseball fanatics looking for a different take on America's pastime should play The Bigs, an over the top arcade sports game featuring amazing plays, super buff players and expertly modeled ball parks. The easy pick up and play controls allow almost everyone the opportunity to blast a homerun or, if they press buttons fast enough, enter a combo that enables the outfielder to leap 20 feet into the air to make the grab. In addition, players hoard points, the goal to unleash special maneuvers on their opponents. With that being said, the game remains true to the sport (sort of) and the same rules still apply. With a fun Career Mode, online play and an incredibly addictive mini game (Homerun Pinball) round out this enjoyable package that, although it cannot compete against the much deeper MLB 2K franchise, deserves some playtime, if for nothing else than to rob someone of a game winning grand slam.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Goldman Sachs Sees Four 2018 Fed Rate Hikes as U.S. Growth Gains
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Honda Recalls 800,000 Odyssey Minivans Linked to Injuries
- Why Are Critics Calling the $450 Million Painting Fake?