Is Beijing Bailing on Treasuries?
Chinese investors sold a net $5.8 billion in U.S. Treasury securities in April, leaving them net sellers of U.S. government debt for the first time since October, 2005. The data were somewhat ominous amid the recent sharp sell-off in Treasuries that has pushed the 10-year yield above 5.10% for the first time in a year, briefly hitting a 5-year peak.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Honda Recalls 800,000 Odyssey Minivans Linked to Injuries
- Goldman Sachs Sees Four 2018 Fed Rate Hikes as U.S. Growth Gains
- Getting a Dog May Save Your Life, Especially If You’re Single