European Indexes End Mixed
London: The FTSE 100 closed in the red Monday as profit-taking at home and subprime worries across the Atlantic weighed. Wall Street was trading lower. However, the negative impact was limited by strong chemicals after ICI (ICI) (+15.76%) confirmed it had rejected a £6/sh bid approach from Akzo Nobel (AKZOY). The stock soared on hopes of a bid war, with a broker talking of £7/sh or even £7.50/sh as fair value. Dow Chemical and DuPont, as well as BASF (BF), are mentioned as potential counter-bidders.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Getting a Dog May Save Your Life, Especially If You’re Single
- World’s Biggest Wealth Fund Wants Out of Oil and Gas
- The Questionable Math Behind Manafort’s Extravagant Home Renovations