Mr. Wizard Ascends to the Great Lab in the SkyRob Hof
Don Herbert, whom many Boomers know as Mr. Wizard, died Tuesday. I vividly remember watching this gentle man, on our black-and-white TV every Saturday morning in the early 1960s, demonstrate one cool science experiment after another. I think his show helped fuel my personal interest in science and technology more than just about anything else. And I don’t doubt that indirectly he had a role in opening a generation of young minds to the wonders of science. Kudos to Bill Nye the Science Guy for continuing in his tradition. But Mr. Wizard is the guy who started it all.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- The Latest on the Political Turmoil in Zimbabwe
- Goldman Sachs Sees Four 2018 Fed Rate Hikes as U.S. Growth Gains
- Norway Oil Bosses Insist End Isn't Nigh After $35 Billion Shock
- Bitcoin Soars Past $8,000 as Technology Shift Concern Vanishes
- Subways May Be the Latest Casualty of China's Crackdown on Debt