The Soon-to-be, Fastest Accelerating Car in the World
The soon-to-be world's fastest accelerating car has broken cover during the final stages of test and development. The Caparo T1 is a high performance two-seater sports car with highly resolved aerodynamics, which has been designed with the looks and performance of a Formula One race car. The T1's 500 kg weight and 550 bhp give it a power-to-weight ratio of 1100 bhp/tonne -- better than any current supersport motorcycle and approaching that of a genuine F1 car. With series production about to commence, the car will be built for discerning customers seeking the ultimate track day experience in a road driveable vehicle. In releasing full details of the car's specification, the company has revealed that while customer cars are being readied for start of production, preparations are also well in hand for the T1's first public appearance as a running car at the Goodwood Festival of Speed on June 22-24 -- which effectively becomes the vehicle's launch date.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Racist Outburst Prompts Faber’s Exit From Three Company Boards
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing