Elvis Has Left the Stock Market
Capitalizing on the great success of the hit TV show American Idol and its music sales, as well as enjoying the rights to Elvis Presley's Graceland estate, CKX Inc. (CKXE) said it would be taken private by its CEO in a $1.33 billion buyout. The shares jumped 35% to $14.40 during trading on the Nasdaq June 1 on the news.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Getting a Dog May Save Your Life, Especially If You’re Single
- The Questionable Math Behind Manafort’s Extravagant Home Renovations
- Musk Dusts Off the Fundraising Playbook With Semi, Roadster Orders