Much Ado About DoubleClick
There was little doubt that the Federal Trade Commission would thoroughly investigate Google's (GOOG) planned acquisition of DoubleClick. Google's undisputed dominance of Web searches (see BusinessWeek.com, 5/30/07, "Google Is Making You Dumber") and the related $8 billion search-advertising market all but guaranteed scrutiny of any move capable of extending the search titan's online influence. The fact that DoubleClick places ads for many of the leading Web publishers made a government inquiry inevitable, say antitrust experts.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Racist Outburst Prompts Faber’s Exit From Three Company Boards
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing