Dollar Index Higher
S&P MARKETSCOPE: The dollar index is up 0.11 to 82.42 in early Wednesday trading before several economic reports following Chinese stock market skid... euro off at $1.3427 a Bloomberg Eurozone PMI fell to 48.4% in May from 54.6 in April, German PMI fell to 47.3% from 55.6%, French PMI fell to 50.1% from 58.6% and Italian PMI rose to 47.7% from 47.4%... also French housing starts dropped 9.5% y/y in the three months to April and were down -2.8% y/y in the past 12 months... building permits rose 0.1% m/m in the three months to April and were up 4.4% y/y in the last 12 months... sterling off at $1.9751... Dollar up at 121.70 yen, but euro down at 163.19 yen after Japanese industrial production fell.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Gulf of Mexico Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Billionaire Tom Barrack Throws Harvey Weinstein a Lifeline
- Everything Is Crazy and the Markets Aren’t Freaking Out
- Facebook Is Looking for Employees With National Security Clearances
- Kushners’ Control of Family’s NYC Crown Jewel Is Now in Jeopardy