The New York Yankees Are More Harmful To The Commonweal Than Lindsay LohanJon Fine
In a brilliant and arch bit of debunkery, Slate’s Jack Shafer rightly pish-poshes Al Gore’s and Thomas Friedman’s handwringing over how news outlets are Britney-izing themselves (and us) away from Important Issues, and points the finger instead at a much more legitimate “threat” to the space and financial resources of a daily news operation:
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Ford to Take $267 Million Hit From Recall of F-Series Trucks
- Facebook and Google Helped Anti-Refugee Campaign in Swing States
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster