There are 1.3 billion people in China, with 38 million cars between them. 7 million new cars were sold last year, nearly 9 million are expected to sell this year—a growth rate of over 25%. Of the 140 different Chinese car companies, the top ten are responsible for 85% of sales. And the average age of buyers is getting lower—it is now in the early thirties.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Marc Faber Asked to Leave Sprott Board After Racist Report
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing