IBM's New Chip: Big Blue Goes Green
IBM (IBM) has unveiled its new POWER6 microprocessor, which it claims is the world's fastest chip, boasting twice the clock speed of the previous generation while consuming roughly the same amount of power. Making the announcement on May 21, Big Blue also revealed a new computer server that takes advantage of the chip's technical and energy conservation prowess.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Getting a Dog May Save Your Life, Especially If You’re Single
- The Questionable Math Behind Manafort’s Extravagant Home Renovations
- Musk Dusts Off the Fundraising Playbook With Semi, Roadster Orders