China Tries to Turn Down the Heat
China's $2.6 trillion economy has been throwing off alarming heat flashes for months now. Ordinary Chinese have yanked some $9 billion in bank savings this year to join the merriment at the Shanghai Stock Exchange, where the composite index has shot up about 50% so far, following a 130% gain in 2006. The smaller Shenzhen bourse is up roughly 100%.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Ford to Take $267 Million Hit From Recall of F-Series Trucks
- Racist Outburst Prompts Faber’s Exit From Three Company Boards