More ways to surf the water themeAaron Pressman
Investing in companies in the water business has worked out pretty well for the past few years. Water is a limited resource in many parts of the world and business is booming for companies that supply water infrastructure, run water utilities and help control or remove pollutants to make more clean water. I first wrote about it two years ago and noted the existence of an exchange-traded fund, the PowerShares Water Resources Portfolio (Symbol: PHO) that gave investors an easy way to play the trend in an ETF story back in March, 2006. It's worked pretty well. The now $1.6 billion fund gained 22% last year and is up 6% year to date. In ETF land success invariably breeds imitation and so the solid performance of the Powershares water fund has now spawned two competing offerings worth a look.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- This $14 Million Atlanta Home With Bunker Is ‘Safest in America’
- These Cities Make NYC Housing Look Dirt Cheap
- GE's New CEO Vows Sweeping Change After ‘Unacceptable’ Report
- Separatists Pledge to Fight On After Spain Moves to Oust Catalan Leaders
- The U.K.'s $86 Billion Pension Problem Is About to Solve Itself