Bonds Sink on FOMC Statement
S&P MARKETSCOPE: Bonds sank late in Wednesday's session after the Federal Open Market Committee (FOMC) said the economy has slowed and inflation remained high. Most observers viewed the statement as hawkish on inflation. Many market players don't think the Fed will cut rates for a long time maybe waiting until next year. But any moves will depend on economic data. The Fed is looking at the housing sector and former Richmond Fed President Broaddus said he thought they were concerned about slowing productivity.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Marc Faber Asked to Leave Sprott Board After Racist Report
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing