Why Global Managers Think GE Is Innovative.By
General Electric moved up two notches in the BW/BCG annual survey of The World's Most Innovative Companies, jumping to No. 4 in '07 from No. 6 in '06. GE is a conglomerate, a collection of many types of business operations. How it innovates is therefore extremely important to the entire economy. Under Jeff Immelt, GE has embarked on a huge culture shift. Building on its traditional Six Sigma, efficiency culture, GE is striving to creative a new innovative culture under the banner of "eco-imagination." That terms also reflects the shift in its portfolio of businesses to emphasis green technology (wind, solar).
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- One of the World’s Hottest Stocks Is Now Tumbling
- This Rare Bear Who Called the Crash Warns Housing Is Too Hot Again
- Recent ‘Odd’ Market Moves May Be a Warning Sign for Stocks
- The Global Economy Is Doing Just Fine, But the Davos Elite Is Worried
- U.S. Stocks, Treasuries Rise as Greenback Weakens: Markets Wrap