Dow Tops 13,300 on Merger News
The Dow Jones industrial average sailed through 13,300 to another peak Monday thanks to more deal news. The big one of the day was Alcoa (AA) offered to acquire Alcan (AL) in a $33 billion deal. But the Nasdaq dipped amid losses in Yahoo (YHOO) shares after the search giant denied rumors circulating Friday of merger talks with Microsoft (MSFT).
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- This $14 Million Atlanta Home With Bunker Is ‘Safest in America’
- These Cities Make NYC Housing Look Dirt Cheap
- GE's New CEO Vows Sweeping Change After ‘Unacceptable’ Report
- Separatists Pledge to Fight On After Spain Moves to Oust Catalan Leaders
- Greenwich Mansion Listings Pulled to Wait for a Better Day