Yahoo, MSN 'Will Die'
Shares of Yahoo! (YHOO) surged on May 4 after reports that the Internet giant may merge with Microsoft (MSFT). The stock, which closed at $28.18 on May 3, soared 17% to more than $33 a share, before closing at $30.98. News that Microsoft has intensified its pursuit of Yahoo and requested the company to enter formal negotiations was first reported by the New York Post. Neither company has provided public comment.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Fewest Jobless Claims Since 1973 Show Firm U.S. Job Market
- Germans Are Going Wild for a Show Set During the Dawn of the Nazis
- U.S. Senate Adopts Budget, Giving Momentum to Trump's Tax-Cut Plans
- The U.K.'s $86 Billion Pension Problem Is About to Solve Itself
- Greenwich Mansion Listings Pulled to Wait for a Better Day