VW Gains Traction and Gets Ambitious
Volkswagen's polished first-quarter results were exactly what Porsche Chief Executive Wendelin Wiedeking had in mind when he snapped up a controlling stake in the world's No. 4 automaker last year as it struggled to restructure. VW's operating profit for the first three months of 2007 rose 81%, to $1.48 billion, generating a 4.1% margin. Profit after tax of $1.0 billion was up 127%.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Marc Faber Asked to Leave Sprott Board After Racist Report
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing