H&R Block Sheds Subprime Unit
H&R Block's (HRB) CEO Mark A. Ernst had slapped a for-sale sign on Option One Mortgage Corp. back in November, confident he could get $1.3 billion for it, but then the months passed with no formal bids (see BusinessWeek.com, 3/15/07, "Option One's Dwindling Options"). Now the tax preparer on Apr. 20 announced a complex agreement involving the sale of the troubled home-lending unit for what could wind up being significantly less.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Fewest Jobless Claims Since 1973 Show Firm U.S. Job Market
- Germans Are Going Wild for a Show Set During the Dawn of the Nazis
- Greenwich Mansion Listings Pulled to Wait for a Better Day
- The U.K.'s $86 Billion Pension Problem Is About to Solve Itself
- U.S. Senate Adopts Budget, Giving Momentum to Trump's Tax-Cut Plans