Rubles Across the Sea
A "surprise bid." That's the way much of the world press described the decision by Russian national airline Aeroflot to join in the pursuit of Italian carrier Alitalia. Europeans were also surprised last September when Moscow-based Vneshtorgbank spent $1 billion for a 5% stake in European aerospace concern EADS. The same goes for the $2.3 billion cash buyout last November of Oregon Steel Mills Inc. by Russian steelmaker Evraz—the country's largest overseas deal yet.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Turns Out It Will Be Congress’s Fault When Stocks Crash
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Facebook and Google Helped Anti-Refugee Campaign in Swing States
- Ford to Take $267 Million Hit From Recall of F-Series Trucks