A Compelling Case for Citigroup
Citigroup (C; recent price, $52) managed to top expectations with its first quarter results on Apr. 16, as it posted operating earnings per share of $1.18, well above S&P's $1.10 estimate. The report reinforced our bullish view of the shares. We think they offer a compelling risk/reward trade-off and an attractive investment over the next 12 months, due to the company's diverse business mix of capital markets, consumer and commercial lending, and retail banking, as well as earnings leverage to an expanding global economy.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Fed Raises Rates, Eyes Three 2018 Hikes as Yellen Era Nears End
- These Guys Want to Lend You Money Against Your Bitcoin
- This Electric Truck Will Probably Beat Tesla’s to Market
- Bitcoin Points Way to ‘Massive Change’ for Commodity Businesses
- Disney Buys Fox Assets in $52 Billion Split of Murdoch Realm