Vital Signs: Will Shoppers Tighten Up?
Consumers have put the U.S. economy in their shopping bags and carried it along for the past three quarters. But the big questions are when will other areas of the economy snap back, or at least stop dragging the economy down, and can consumers keep up the strong pace of spending. Some important reports coming out this week will help market watchers answer those questions.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Fewest Jobless Claims Since 1973 Show Firm U.S. Job Market
- U.S. Stocks Climb With Treasuries as Dollar Slides: Markets Wrap
- Greenwich Mansion Listings Pulled to Wait for a Better Day
- The U.K.'s $86 Billion Pension Problem Is About to Solve Itself
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting