McDonough + Bay Area = Google
As interest in green design keeps building, a pioneer of sustainability, McDonough + Partners, continues to capitalize on the trend. Based in Charlottesville, Virginia, the firm blazed a trail in sustainability with projects such as its grass-roofed headquarters for Gap Inc., in San Bruno, California. After this influential building was completed in 1997, demand for work slowed in the Bay Area. But things are looking up again—so much so that McDonough opened an office in San Francisco last year. It has won three major commissions in the region, including two for technology-sector clients, and now is setting its sights across the Pacific to China.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- This $14 Million Atlanta Home With Bunker Is ‘Safest in America’
- GE's New CEO Vows Sweeping Change After ‘Unacceptable’ Report
- These Cities Make NYC Housing Look Dirt Cheap
- Separatists Pledge to Fight On After Spain Moves to Oust Catalan Leaders
- The U.K.'s $86 Billion Pension Problem Is About to Solve Itself