Worker Loyalty, Taken to Extremes
Just one day after the electronics chain Circuit City Stores (CC) announced that it would lay off 3,400 workers and replace them with lower-paid employees, Charles Loudermilk, chief executive of the rental retail company Aaron Rents (RNT) began posting advertisements on recruiting Web sites: "Attention Circuit City employees: So they say you make too much and are laying you off to hire lower paid employees? Aaron's doesn't lay off our highly paid employees…. We put them on a pedestal, and show others how they can make more."
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Gulf of Mexico Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Billionaire Tom Barrack Throws Harvey Weinstein a Lifeline
- Everything Is Crazy and the Markets Aren’t Freaking Out
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing
- Facebook Is Looking for Employees With National Security Clearances