Two media giants—News Corp. (NWS; ranked 4 STARS, buy) and General Electric's (GE; ranked 5 STARS, strong buy) NBC Universal—are planning a direct rival to Google's (GOOG; ranked 3 STARS, hold) YouTube, to be launched by this summer. The plans call for some noteworthy Internet distribution partners: AOL, MSN, MySpace, and Yahoo! (YHOO; ranked 2 STARS, sell). Although the new site doesn't yet have a name or more than a transitional management team, S&P analysts already have strong opinions on likely winners and losers, and have made some predictions about how the venture, dubbed Newco for purposes of this article, will change the online video landscape.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Marc Faber Asked to Leave Sprott Board After Racist Report
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing