Starwood Loses Its CEO--Is It's Innovation At Risk?By
Starwood announced that its CEO Steve Heyer is retiring at the request of the board of directors and I'm hoping the dispute is about his management style rather than the company's management direction. Starwood, which runs a number of great hotels, including W, is one of the few service companies around that really knows service innovation. Jeneanne Rae at Peer Insight has written about Starwood's ability to innovate. It tested out its new Aloft concept--inexpensive hotel rooms, on Second Life very early.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Goldman Sachs Sees Four 2018 Fed Rate Hikes as U.S. Growth Gains
- Honda Recalls 800,000 Odyssey Minivans Linked to Injuries
- Getting a Dog May Save Your Life, Especially If You’re Single