Beazer, Builders Under a Microscope
Amid the subprime meltdown, mortgage brokers and lenders that cater to risky borrowers have come under fire. Now one major homebuilder is feeling the heat. Federal investigators, as first reported by BusinessWeek.com, have opened a criminal probe into the lending practices of Beazer Homes USA (BZH) (see BusinessWeek.com, 3/28/07, "Feds Are Investigating Homebuilder Beazer")
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- The Latest on the Political Turmoil in Zimbabwe
- Goldman Sachs Sees Four 2018 Fed Rate Hikes as U.S. Growth Gains
- Norway Oil Bosses Insist End Isn't Nigh After $35 Billion Shock
- Bitcoin Soars Past $8,000 as Technology Shift Concern Vanishes
- Subways May Be the Latest Casualty of China's Crackdown on Debt