Muni Wi-Fi: Not As Good As It Gets
The results are in. After testing some muni Wi-Fi networks, three independent industry researchers have found that most cities' networks offer inadequate security, poor coverage and don't even support voice (and voice is the main reason people say they want to use Wi-Fi in the first place). Only 20% of municipal networks tested supported voice services over Wi-Fi.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Goldman Sachs Sees Four 2018 Fed Rate Hikes as U.S. Growth Gains
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Subways May Be the Latest Casualty of China's Crackdown on Debt
- Norway Oil Bosses Insist End Isn't Nigh After $35 Billion Shock