Is M&A the New R&D?
Something new is happening in the way technology innovations are getting bedded down in the industry. Briefly put, venture capital-backed startups are being acquired much earlier in their development by larger companies that offer entrepreneurs a rapid path to growth and scale. For big corporations, in turn, startups help create a "mixed economy" of innovation, balancing the greater certainty of in-house research and development and organic growth (and its longer time horizon) with an earlier but riskier starting position in emerging technologies.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Goldman Sachs Sees Four 2018 Fed Rate Hikes as U.S. Growth Gains
- Honda Recalls 800,000 Odyssey Minivans Linked to Injuries
- The Questionable Math Behind Manafort’s Extravagant Home Renovations