Investors Check Out of Community Health
Hospital operator Community Health Systems (CYH) said Mar. 19 that it's going to buy its rival Triad Hospitals (TRI) for around $6.8 billion. The merger would eclipse an earlier, $6.4 billion agreement that Triad had announced on Feb. 5 with the investment firm CCMP Capital Advisors and Goldman Sachs' private equity arm GS Capital Partners. As in Triad's earlier deal, Community Health Systems would also take on the $1.7 billion burden of existing debt that has been choking Triad recently. You could call it a merger among hospital companies that like to grow via acquisitions.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- One of the World’s Hottest Stocks Is Now Tumbling
- This Rare Bear Who Called the Crash Warns Housing Is Too Hot Again
- Recent ‘Odd’ Market Moves May Be a Warning Sign for Stocks
- The Global Economy Is Doing Just Fine, But the Davos Elite Is Worried
- U.S. Stocks Gain as Senate Votes to End Shutdown: Markets Wrap