The Competition for Chrysler
Under normal circumstances DaimlerChrysler (DCX) Chairman Dieter Zetsche might be bragging about the fact that his company's share price is up about 14% for the year. But these are not normal circumstances. The run-up is thanks to speculation that Zetsche will soon sell the struggling Chrysler unit, thus injecting luxury marque Mercedes with billions in cash and spinning off a company that German shareholders have mostly seen as a drag on Daimler.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Marc Faber Asked to Leave Sprott Board After Racist Report
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing