Bear Stearns Shrugs Off Subprime Worries
Since Bear Stearns (BSC) does much of its business in debt markets including mortgage lending, investors have worried about the New York financial services firm during recent weeks as the subprime market melts. But Bear Stearns has a diverse mix of businesses. The company on March 15 posted stronger profits during the three months ended Feb. 28, as its sales improved in other businesses besides mortgages.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Getting a Dog May Save Your Life, Especially If You’re Single
- The Questionable Math Behind Manafort’s Extravagant Home Renovations
- Honda Recalls 800,000 Odyssey Minivans Linked to Injuries