The Greening of the Proxy Season
Dan Nielsen is on a mission. As a manager of the pension fund for the United Methodist Church in Evanston, Ill., he helps steer $14 billion in assets into "socially responsible" investments. He won't touch companies that make money from alcohol, tobacco, gambling, pornography, or weapons. And each year, he looks beyond those sectors to target companies in the fund's portfolio where he thinks improvements need to be made.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Goldman Sachs Sees Four 2018 Fed Rate Hikes as U.S. Growth Gains
- The Latest on the Political Turmoil in Zimbabwe
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Oil Bosses Insist End Isn't Nigh After $35 Billion Shock