Volatility Can Be Good
The recent increase in market uncertainty has caused a spike in trading volumes across equity, fixed-income, and derivative markets. This jump in volumes follows an extended period of historically low market volatility in U.S. equity markets. We believe the primary beneficiaries of increased market volatility are the financial exchanges, which derive their revenue directly from trading volume.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- One of the World’s Hottest Stocks Is Now Tumbling
- Recent ‘Odd’ Market Moves May Be a Warning Sign for Stocks
- Amazon Go Pushes Mediterranean Lamb, Skips the Chili Cheese Dogs
- The Global Economy Is Doing Just Fine, But the Davos Elite Is Worried
- Dollar Slips as Shutdown Drags On; Stocks Mixed: Markets Wrap